Come celebrate International Translation Day with ProZ.com by attending the site’s annual 2-day virtual conference series! These events are free to attend and include panel discussions, training sessions, on-demand content, group discussions, special discounts and software savings, live chat with exhibitors and more.
CAT Tool & Software day
September 29, 2015
10:00am – 8:00pm GMT
- SDL Trados Studio 2015 new features & tips & tricks to speed up your translation: 10:05am to 11:15am GMT
- Unleash the potential of Déjà Vu X3 CAT tool: 12:30pm to 1:30pm GMT
- TM-Town – the next-generation platform for freelance translators: 2:50pm to 3:50pm GMT
- Translate smarter with CafeTran Espresso: 4:00pm to 5:00pm GMT
- Fluency Now: CAT for Mac or PC: 5:10pm to 6:00pm GMT
Complete program information including on-demand sessions details available here: http://www.proz.com/virtual-conferences/671/program
ProZ.com 2015 virtual conference for International Translation Day
September 30, 2015
10:00am – 8:00pm GMT
- 10-tip survival kit for professional translators/interpreters: 6:10am to 6:55am GMT
- Understanding Your Client: Is Your Client Always Right?: 6:15am to 7:35am GMT
- How to Sell More: Effective Sales Strategies for Translators and Interpreters: 7:00am to 8:10am GMT
- Literary Translation Chat: 7:40am to 8:40am GMT
- The Future is Here. Are You Ready To Remain Competitive?: 7:40am to 8:55am GMT
- Translation Project Management, CRM, Budgeting and Competitiveness, Business Strategy: 8:15am to 8:45am GMT
- Leveraging voice recognition technology for greater efficiency panel: 9:00am to 10:00am GMT
- How to perform keyword research for web translation: 9:50am to 10:30am GMT
- The beauty of machine translation: 10:05am to 11:00am GMT
- Audiovisual translation Chat: 10:10am to 10:50am GMT
- How to be a great Mentor on ProZ.com: 10:35am to 11:25am GMT
- Customer Relationship Management panel: 11:10am to 12:10pm GMT
- Tackling the Japanese translation market: 11:35am to 12:20pm GMT
- Sociology of Translators Chat: 11:40am to 12:25pm GMT
- Translators as entrepreneurs – how to be enterprising!: 12:15pm to 1:10pm GMT
- Medical terminology: useful hints on confused terms and pitfalls: 12:25pm to 1:15pm GMT
- Glossary & Terminology: 1:20pm to 2:20pm GMT
- Is That Translation or Interpreting? The Emerging Market for Hybrid Communication Models: 1:25pm to 2:40pm GMT
- Find direct clients and run a business that you love: 2:25pm to 3:55pm GMT
- Localization issues: 2:30pm to 3:10pm GMT
- Central European Translation Market Survey: 2:45pm to 4:00pm GMT
Full session information available here: http://www.proz.com/virtual-conferences/668/program
You can register to attend by clicking the “Click here to register” link on the virtual event series page: http://www.proz.com/virtual-conferences/group/26. Once you’re registered, visit the “My data” tab to add details to your personal bio, as well as a message/greeting to fellow attendees.
For a full list of tips and pre-event information – ranging from setting up your computer to deciding which sessions you will attend – visit: http://www.proz.com/virtual-conferences/668/prepare. For even more advice on getting ready to attend a virtual event, be sure to check out this past blog post: “Translation events 101: Virtual events”.
Don’t forget to stop by the ProZ.com support booth located under the “Exhibitors” tab for a chance to win one full year of ProZ.com membership!
Be sure to spread the word and invite your colleagues to attend the events on social media using the hashtag #ProZVirtConf
Hope to see you all there!