ProZ.com has launched the ProZ.com community book project, an initiative to help language professionals to spread useful information among potential clients and colleagues, while promoting themselves as experts in a given field or topic.
The ProZ.com community book will feature articles written by site members on topics of interest to the translation community that may range from machine translation, cloud-based translation tools and new translation technologies, to rates, training and work-life balance, among other topics.
The initiative does not only give language professionals the opportunity to promote themselves as seasoned professionals, but also to become published authors and enjoy the benefits this offers, including:
- Visibility: published authors become visible among peers and this creates an advantage for them, especially when time comes to attract the attention of clients.
- Credibility: book authors and collaborators get instant credibility and authority in connection with the field or topic in which they publish. This in turn translates into becoming not only a source of information, but also a resource for anyone in need of specialized information.
- Permanence: books are born to stay regardless of the format in which they get published and a book that goes around is also a book that keeps promoting its content and author(s) at no extra cost!
- Opportunities: many times names associated with books result in invitations to speak at events or offer training, and eve n to participate in further publications.
- Networking: the discussion of a book is a good way to break the ice! Published authors may be invited to participate in discussions with their readers via email, in social networks and at events.
- Clients: published authors know their field, a quality searched for by good clients. And because they are seen as experts, clients will rarely try to get discounts for their specialized services.
All ProZ.com members are invited to submit an article to be reviewed for possible inclusion in the community book until February 29th, 2016, 23:59 GMT. If you are not a ProZ.com member, become one today and start enjoying all the benefits the site has to offer, including the community book.