The ProZ.com 2015 international conference is just ten days away. Translators, interpreters, students, sponsors, organizers and staff are getting ready to support each other, to learn from each other in the great city of Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
Program and speakers
The conference will be a two-day event showcasing outstanding speakers and presentations on the most trending topics in the translation industry:
- Questions You’ve Always Wanted to Ask… Answered – Konstantin Kisin
- Drafting legislation in 24 languages – Hans te Winkel
- Paradoxes of freelancing: maintaining individualism when belonging to a community – Marta Stelmaszak
- The Challenge with being international – Doug Lawrence
- The globetrotting freelancer: making the most of your work’s flexibility – Pavel Janoušek and Daniel Šebesta
- What works for me, could work for you – Doug Lawrence
- Top Secrets of Effective Proofreading – A powerful though underrated way to learn from each other – Francesca Airaghi
- Social Media or Anti-Social Media: a lifestyle choice or a death sentence? – Erik Hansson
- Famous for 10 minutes – Nigel Saych
- Translators: Stand Up! Time to confront the devil – Sameh Ragab
- Honing your expert skills and building an expert translator profile through cooperation with other freelancers – Anne-Charlotte Perrigaud
- Teaching Translation Today and Tomorrow: Breeding the next generation of translators – Joop Bindels and Nathalie de Schipper
- Training the client – Gary Smith
- Work-life balance during illness: a freelance perspective – Ellen Singer and Joy Maul-Phillips
- Internships and mentoring – Attila Piróth
- The first steps of a graduate in the translation market – Fedde van Santen
- Find your balance with the aid of technology (and some other great tips!) – Fernanda Rocha
- TransQuiz – Gabriel Cabrera
For more information and details about each session, click here to view the entire conference program.
In addition to the two full days of sessions, workshops, round-tables, interviews and whatnot, the international conference will also offer attendees the possibility to network and have fun by taking part in other social events:
- June 11th – Pre-pre-conference powwow
Tour behind the scenes at Schiphol airport and a subsequent dinner at Vork en Mes, Hoofddorp.
- June 12th – Pre-conference powwow
A boat trip to Kinderdijk, a walking tour to Rotterdam and a ‘Rice Table’ meal.
Dinner at the Inntel Hotels Rotterdam Centre.
- June 14th – Post-conference powwow
Dinner on the SS Rotterdam, an ocean liner.
For more details on social events planned, click here.
This year, the conference organizer, Nigel Saych, and ProZ.com have put together a conference package that not only includes full pass to Saturday and Sunday sessions, and to the gala dinner on Saturday night, but also the following:
There are still a few seats left for the conference. To book yours, visit the conference page and click on Buy now next to the package that best suits your needs.
For special discounts, please contact site staff through the support center.
ProZ.com and the conference organizer, Nigel Saych, would like to thank the following sponsors for their support of this event: