The results are in! In case you missed the buzz on social media, I thought it would be a good idea to highlight the winners of the 2015 ProZ.com community choice awards here. This initiative is held by ProZ.com on an annual basis (2015 being the third year) in an effort to recognize and celebrate those language professionals who are active, outstanding, or otherwise influential in various media throughout the industry. Results are split into two categories: translation-related and interpreting-related. Nominations, voting, and winners are determined entirely by the ProZ.com community.
So who did the community choose as this year’s award recipients?
- Blog: WantWords Blog
- Website: WantWords
- Twitter: Marta Stelmaszak (@mstelmaszak)
- Facebook page/group: Things Translators Never Say
- LinkedIn group: Unacceptable Translation Rates Naming & Shaming Group
- Podcast: Marketing Tips for Translators
- Trainer: Marta Stelmaszak
- Training course: Business School for Translators
- Conference speaker: Marta Stelmaszak
- Article: “6-Step Strategy to Translators’ Visibility” by Carlos Djomo
- Mentor: Marta Stelmaszak
- Blog post: “11 tips for new freelance translators on the hunt for their first assignments” by Nicole Y. Adams
- Book: How to manage your Translation Projects by Nancy Matis
- ProZ.com profile: Nicole Y. Adams
- Other social media: Tumblr: Translators Anonymous
- Resource for translators: The Alexandria Library
- Most helpful/top contributor: Charles Davis
A special congratulations to Marta Stelmaszak of WantWords who took home an incredible 7 awards this year, beating the record she set last year. Congrats, Marta!
- Blog: Aventuras de una traductora-intérprete en Madrid (Spanish)
- Website: Lourdes de Rioja – A Word In Your Ear
- Twitter: Clara Guelbenzu (@blogbootheando)
- Facebook page/group: WISE Interpreting Workshops
- LinkedIn group: Translators – Interpreters network
- Podcast: LangFM – Alexander Drechsel
- Trainer: Lourdes de Rioja
- Training course: José Sentamans and Joe Burbidge: WISE Interpreting Workshops
- Conference speaker:* Aida Gonzalez del Alamo (Lenguando) & Jose Sentamans
- Article:* “10 Fascinating Interpreters Who Changed History” by David Tormsen, “¿Y quién soy yo para decidir quién puede y quién no?” (Spanish) by Marcella Bracco, and “ENETI: Interpretación en el mercado privado e institucional” (Spanish) by Alessandra Vita
- Mentor: Joe Burbidge
- Blog post: “Who are those “top-level” interpreters many agencies refer to?” by Tony Rosado
- Book: Conference Interpreting: A Student’s Practice Book by Andrew Gillies
- ProZ.com profile: Alessandra Vita
- Other social media: YouTube channel: Lourdes De Rioja
*Categories marked with an asterisk indicate tied results.
Aida González Del Álamo won the award for best interpreting-related blog for the third year in a row. Congratulations, Aida! I am also pleased to announce that 2015 marks the first year that sufficient votes were received to select winners in every interpreting-related category.
Congratulations again to all the winners, and a special thanks to everyone who nominated, voted, and spread the word to make the 2015 ProZ.com community choice awards the best year yet. Stay tuned for guest blog posts featuring some of this year’s winners…
I hope you enjoyed this post! Comments, feedback, and suggestions for future blog posts can be made in the comments section below or via Twitter @ProZcom. For more information about the ProZ.com community choice awards, see: