New Contact us! channel
- A new channel has been added to the translation center for communications with the site administrators. This new Contact us! feature, accessible from the top Support menu option, will be visible to all the players, including non-logged in visitors.
- This will close a communications gap in the platform, as there were dedicated channels for issues related to jobs, invitations and assignments, but no messages were possible outside these areas.
- In particular, there were no ways of communication open to non-logged-in visitors. A CAPTCHA feature has provided in this case to prevent the misuse of this feature by automatic spammer devices.
- It will be possible to reply directly via email to the messages received through this new channel.
Editable invitations and new page on notifications
- As part of a general overhaul of the translation center’s notifications and invitations, a new ‘Administration’ → ‘Settings’ → ‘Notifications’ page displays several of the messages currently available, with an explanation and a preview feature for each one.
- In particular, the invitations sent to service providers can now be edited to better adapt them to the needs of the company managing the translation center. To this end, an edit feature has been added, together with the ability to restore the original version in case of need.
- This page will evolve to include all the notifications in the system, taking into account the many valuable requests for improvements received. Some of the notifications will be editable, and in some cases their use will be personalizable.
- Email headers were modified for notifications and invitations sent from the site, to get them in compliance with the Sender Policy Framework (SPF)
- When a message sent through the translation center has an attached file, it is now possible to download the file directly from the corresponding notification email.
- It is now possible to store default instructions that will be presented as a template each time work order is created, while retaining the ability to overwrite them if needed.
The translation center powered by ProZ.com is used by Translators without Borders and several commercial translation companies to deliver millions of translated words every month. This platform is made available to all ProZ.com Business members. If you want to learn more about this platform, please submit a support request.