Your clients in the translation center
The translation center will let you define the clients on whose behalf the useful work is done on the platform.
Clients in these pages are just information in the database, but it is also possible to invite representatives, called client contacts, for one, several or all your clients, with a configurable level of access.
A setting parameter will let you define the client visibility towards service providers. Depending on this setting, the identity of the client will be visible or invisible to the providers working on a job.
Several standard fields are provided for the client contact information, and you can add any number of custom fields for additional data on the client.
You can also define the team invited to jobs created on behalf of this client. The following options are available:
- No preferences: The default value, will have no impact on the invitations
- Default to members of a team: When a job for this client is created, the team selected in this setting will be the default choice of providers, but it will be possible to overrule this setting.
- Force members of a team: the selected team will be invited to the job.
The last option is useful in cases where you let the client contacts create a work order, but you want complete control on the providers invited to the corresponding jobs.
Reference information for clients
There are a couple of cost-effective tools for uploading reference information to be later assigned to several jobs.
- Projects can be associated to one or more work orders, and you can use them to post instructions that will be entered once for the project and then will be displayed in all jobs created for the client that are associated with the project.
- Client files can also be upload for the client, and then be automatically presented as reference information in all jobs created for the client. Each file can be associated with a category (glossary, reference, style, TM and other).
Client contacts are actual people who are optionally invited to the translation center in order to represent a client in the platform.
A setting parameter will let you define whether client contacts, if invited, will be able to create work orders and have access to jobs and clients. If this access is not granted, client contacts will only be able to access work orders and monitor their status
There are two possible roles for client contacts:
- Administrators: have access to all jobs created on behalf of the client
- Users: have access only to the jobs created by them, or where they were specifically invited
The translation center powered by ProZ.com is used by Translators without Borders and several commercial translation companies to deliver millions of translated words every month. This platform is made available to all ProZ.com Business members. If you want to learn more about this platform, please submit a support request and I will contact you.