These are a few of the new features:
The company managing a particular instance of the translation center can use this settings page to define several elements related to payment to providers:
Preferred currency: The one used in the financial reports, and the default option for the purchase orders
Default payment terms: To predefine the payment terms to be presented to the service providers in your purchase orders, including:
- Payment n days after invoice date
- Set payment date when the purchase order is created
- Other: will display “Other, see below” and a box with the custom conditions defined by you, ideal for companies with more complex payment terms
- Pro-bono operation: a condition reserved for Translators without Borders or similar organizations
Payment conditions: to enter your payment conditions or other related information, to be shown to translators in each purchase order
Uses a CAT tool discount scheme: When this condition is selected, a table will open on the same page to let you define your discount categories and the corresponding % of full rate. Also, a new option “CAT tool settings” will be presented in the settings menu.
Once a job has been defined, you will be able to create a detailed purchase order associated with each task before the job is shared with your translators.
Many of the payment conditions can be predefined for all tasks in the payment settings.
In the form provided for editing the PO, you will be able to define:
- Units: Source words, CAT analysis, Target words, Source lines, Target lines, Pages, Hours, Minutes or Total
- Volume: expressed in the units defined above. When the system manages to determine a word count, it will be displayed here if the unit selected is in source words.
- Rate: presented in the default currency defined in the payment settings, but other currencies are available
- Payment terms: in accordance with the values established in the payment settings
- Payment conditions: the value defined in the payment settings, but this can be edited for each PO
- Custom PO#: A field to manually enter the number assigned by your system to the PO. If left empty, the translation center will enter a unique identifier to identify any particular PO.
CAT tool analysis
As indicated for the payment settings, it is now possible for a company to define their CAT tool discount scheme, including the name of each category and the corresponding % of full rate.
The CAT tools settings provide a very simple way to map the discount categories used by your company with the different categories used by the CAT tools integrated in the platform.
This information can be used to define the volume of work to be done. This can be done in two ways in the purchase order:
- Manual input: When this mode is selected, you can manually enter the number of words associated with each discount category
- Analysis import: The translation center can now import an SDL Trados analysis (in xml format) and development is under way to import Wordfast and MemoQ information as well
Once the CAT tool analysis information has been manually entered or automatically imported into the purchase order, it will look like this:
It is now possible to invite one or several translators in a single action by using the new Providers → Find providers at ProZ.com feature.
This new feature will let you define your search criteria including:
- Source and target languages
- Whether the candidates should be native speakers of the target language
- Language service required (such as translation, but all options provided at ProZ.com are included)
- General and specific discipline
- Minimum years of experience
- Country of residence
- Whether participation in ProZ.com Certified PRO Network (CPN) is required
- Minimum positive feedback entries (WWA)
Once you submit this request, a set of results will be provided including, for each candidate, information such as username, picture, tagline, country of residence, native language, local time, number of WWA entries and PRO KudoZ points in the pair and field of expertise requested.
You will be able to select one, many or all of these providers and send them an invitation to your instance of the translation center, including a personalized message to be written by you.
Translators who accept this invitation will be directly incorporated into your instance of the translation center.