Almost one week after the V Conferência Brasileira de Tradutores do ProZ.com, phrases such “Disrupt yourself now!” and “Translators of the world, unite! We are stronger together.” seem to keep echoing in participants’ minds. Nineteen speakers, twenty different sessions, two powwows, Tweets, Facebook posts, feedback comments, pictures and videos made of this conference a great success, reminding translation professionals of the importance of constant networking and professional development.
What did this event offer to ProZ.com members?
- Twenty sessions divided in two tracks.
- Two powwows, one at Restaurante Parraxaxá, specialized in Northeastern plates, and a second one at Entre Amigos Praia, a restaurant with the prefect atmosphere to be with fiends!
- Sightseeing around Recife, the Brazilian Venice.
- The chance to meet fellow translators, promote themselves among peers and learn how to get the most out of the translation profession.
As a ProZ.com staff member, I enjoyed my visit to Recife and meeting some ProZ.com Brazilian members for the first time and seeing others again. It was a great experience! Thanks Ju Chaad and Nina Cavalcanti for working tirelessly over the past year to bring this great conference to life. Also, thanks speakers for sharing your time, energy and expertise. And, above all, thank you attendees for making this event possible!
- Watch live recordings from the event »
- Tweet your experience »
- Help to translate a poem by Silvio Borges that was handed in to event attendees and share it with the entire translators community »
- Post general feedback on the event »
- Post individual session feedback »
- View and download your certificate of attendance from the “Conference participation” section of your ProZ.com profile »
- Watch and share a video summary of the event:
Hope to see you all soon at the next ProZ.com event!